Why is 2013 turning into such a bad year for superhero movies? They should have seen how 2012 did it:
Posts Tagged Batman
1. Uncle Buck and Del Griffith
Take the mustache off the guy from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and put a hat on him. Uncanny.
The 90s Guy is a column by a guy in the 1990s.
If you haven’t seen “Batman and Robin” yet, you should because it’s the best superhero movie ever made.
It’s got action, it’s got heart, it’s got guys frequently ice skating around — they really spared no expense to make this the most colorful, zany, trippy comic movie of all time.
First of all Gotham City has never looked better — there’s like giant behemoth statues holding up all the buildings and everything has been cast in neon-colored spotlights.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is a crazy ice robot looking for diamonds to cure his sick wife. He’s just brutal in this movie. He’s all giant and imposing, but he’s also got like a likeable side. He says a lot of puns to let you know that he’s not like a totally evil guy. He’s just a blue dude trying to save his wife.
- Comedian Jon Daly wants to merge with golfer John Daly. [Jon Daly Is John Daly]
- SNL is getting sharper with its Juggalo parodies. [Hulu]
- This guy really doesn’t want to go to Medieval Times. [Best Roof Talk Ever]
- A bug has a blog. [White Owl via Frogman]
- Bigfoot Child Molester: A Dutch West sketch from five or six years ago, starring CollegeHumor’s Josh Ruben and Sam Reich. [YouTube]
- Batman asks a lot of questions. [Tony Yacenda on YouTube]
- Which celebrity should come out of the closet? The hivemind has spoken. [Reddit via Andy Baio]
- A supercut of Richard Dreyfuss’s laughs. [Keith Melton on YouTube]
- Talk to your kids about paleontology before it’s too late. [22 Words]
- Second Cheapest Wine, a College Humor ad parody featuring Slacktory friend Laura Willcox [Tastefully Offensive]
- Pee-wee Herman does the voices in the Dark Knight Rises trailer [YouTube via Coudal Partners]
- Turning male pornstars into passionate musicians. [YouTube via Reddit; also see Pornchestra]
- FUCKING_BUG_EXPERT knows a lot about insects et al, and swears a lot. [Reddit user page]
Cartoonist Jake Olimb synched the Dark Knight trailer with clips from Doug. This side-by-side trailer mashup (featuring Roger as the Joker, obvs) has been up since 2009, and under 2,000 people have seen it. This must end now. This must end here. Some serious line from The Dark Knight, said in Skeeter’s voice.
I knew I needed to make a parody of the powerful but super-serious blog We Are the 99 Percent. My first thought was some kind of “100%” movement that only described itself in universal turns. Instead I chose milk (above).
There are, of course, many other jokes to make here.